As an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Wellness Consultant, with true care and a passion for making a difference, I want to help you achieve your goal(s). Whether that is feeling better overall, having more energy, coping with stress, living with an illness, food is more than just what we put on a plate.
Most approaches to healthy eating dwell on calories, carbohydrates, fats and proteins. However, throughout my education, I have been taught practical functional medicine (root cause) approaches, the most cutting-edge dietary theories and nutrition science by experts who are at the forefront of wellness, in addition to having studied highly effective coaching techniques to help clients find what works best for them. Instead of creating lists of what not to eat, etc., I coach clients to implement gradual changes during our work together. Often times it is not about complete restriction but making healthful additions…and that is why health and wellness coaches and consultants are different. Nutrition and food are important – but we look beyond that also – providing tailored programs for each individual based on their unique situation. It is not a one-size-fits-all model.
I practice a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that I look at how all areas of your life are connected. Is work or life stress affecting your health, eating habits and happiness? Do you have such low energy that is difficult to find the motivation to exercise? Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? As we work together, we will look at how all parts of your life affect your health as a whole. Let’s find the root cause(s), and help you be a better version of yourself tomorrow than you are today.
Together we will:
- Connect the dots between who you are and who you want to be
- Create your personal blueprint
- Decipher your body’s unique needs
- Set your personal goals for approachable and sustainable change: working towards optimal health by maximizing what is needed for you, minimizing what is harmful for you and prioritizing what is best for you.
Some of what you receive:
- Support, a listener and advocate
- Two 50-minute sessions per month (in person or via Skype/facetime or phone).
- Phone and/or e-mail support between sessions
- Simple healthy recipes
- Information and knowledge specific to your needs and goals
You’ve taken the first step, you are are here. Congrats! Wanting to change and being committed to make a difference is imperative.
To decide if health coaching is right for you, I invite you to schedule a free initial consultation. During this session, we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goal(s). Contact us via email or the website contact form to see how we can transform your wellness dreams into a reality!
to being well,
Founder | Wellnessary.com
Master of Science, Northwestern University
Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Institute for Integrative Nutrition
School of Applied Functional Medicine
Why a health and wellness coach? (a few of the many reasons):
- When was the last time you received the care and attention you deserve in an an appointment with a medical provider? Or given alternatives other than just a conventional prescription?
- We are trained in holistic wellness: from the foods we eat or should eat, finding the interconnectedness to the way you feel outside of what is on your plate, to lab testing and analyzing the interconnectedness of root causes (not just “this is in range, so that’s good news”)
- Only 27 percent of medical schools in the United States offer students the recommended 25 hours of nutritional training, according to the medical journal Academic Medicine. And in a recent study in the American Journal of Medicine involving 930 cardiologists, less than a third described their nutrition knowledge as “mostly up-to-date” or better.